The term rock garden refers to a place built from small piles of rocks well arranged decoratively to convey the impression of a mountain.
Small spaces are left in between the rocks where specific flowers and plants for rock gardens are grown. The theme you use depends on your precision and choice. In case the environment where your home is is rocks and has mountains with streams flowing your rock garden should blend in to suit the shrubs and beautiful forest flowers enhancing the beauty.
It’s your dream garden
Roc gardens are a little divergent from anything you may be accustomed to since the plants are relatively small. And don’t overthink about whether the plants should be flowery or not, remember you’re looking for is anything to intensify and complement the rock collection you’ve put together.
Here are examples of flowers and plants for rock gardens
- Creeping Myrtle-green leaves with violet and blue spring flowers
- Hens & Chicks-different variations of color as well as texture
- Sedum-creeping in red or gold
- Phlox-creeping in red, pink, blue and white
- Dwarf Mugho Pine and Birds Nest Spruce among others